Firmware Updates

Pathport, VIA and Pathport Manager

Firmware Updates

Postby gfranklin » February 14th, 2018, 12:49 pm

Hey Guys!
I am working to upgrade our pathport gear to the latest firmware across the board. Recently I ran into an issue with an Octo (Model: 6403). It throws an error when attempting to update.

Error:
"ERROR: Transfer failed to IP (Octo IP) with message "Disk Full" "

I have a factory reset the device thinking that it would wipe the internal memory and free up space but to no avail.
Any help would be appreciated!

Re: Firmware Updates

Postby gfranklin » February 14th, 2018, 1:03 pm

With a bit of shor research it appears I have answered my own question!

Due to changes in the operating kernel, Octos running 3.6.0 or earlier firmware versions must be upgraded through the 3.4.4.7 intermediate or "trampoline" version. Attempting to upgrade directly will result in a 'disk full' error or, in some cases, render the Octo inoperable. (Yes, this means the 3.6.0 version must be downgraded prior to upgrading again.)

Download the 3.4.4.7 trampoline version from the resources tab. Microsoft Internet Explorer may change the file extension to ".zip"; however this change doesn't impact the process. Use the 'Import Firmware' option in Pathport Manager to place the file in the correct firmware folder. From the Firmware Upgrade tab, select the Octo then manually select the 3.4.4.7 firmware. Do NOT use the "Select Latest" button. Once the Octo is upgraded to 3.4.4.7, the "Select Latest" button may be used to select the 3.7.0 or whatever happens to be the newest firmware version.

Very Important: Octos with the 3.6.0 version must be downgraded to the 3.4.4.7 version prior to upgrading. Octos running version 3.6.1 are not affected.

Return to DMX / Ethernet Gateways