CognitoPC and midi controllers

Cognito Control System

CognitoPC and midi controllers

Postby LesWilson » September 30th, 2017, 7:18 am

I'm looking for a Mac OS X plus control surface solution for a 400 seat high school venue. There's currently 60 tungsten fixtures but its being upgraded to include some movers and LEDs. The system has to be learnable and usable by HS students. Does CognitoPC support the use of midi controllers for running a show? I'm thinking of something like an Akai APC mini. TIA

Re: CognitoPC and midi controllers

Postby RobertBell » September 30th, 2017, 9:08 am

Hi Les,
Sorry, CogPC does not support any input hardware or operating system MIDI drivers. Output is any Pathport, sACN or Art-Net gateway.
The most cost economical Cognito2 hardware platform is Starter512.
Robert Bell
Director of Product Innovation - Pathway Connectivity

Postby LesWilson » October 1st, 2017, 1:43 pm

Rats. Thanks Robert. I love the counter culture approach to lighting console ergonomics. Is there a way to program special effects and cues on CogPC OLE and then transfer to a Cognito 2 console for running a show?

Postby RobertBell » October 2nd, 2017, 8:31 am

CogPC is an off-line-edit, but if you have a Pathport gateway on your network, it will function as a 512 channel controller. Alternately, you can buy dongles to make it >512 or work with other people's gateways.
There is INTERNAL timecode which you can either use outright, or play with to sync a cue list, then open the show file on a real Cognito2 and have it chase MTC.
Robert Bell
Director of Product Innovation - Pathway Connectivity

Return to Cognito