Cognito2 Pro512 and ProPresenter 6

Cognito Control System

Cognito2 Pro512 and ProPresenter 6

Postby Hoopster456 » November 22nd, 2017, 1:12 am

I'm wondering if the Pro512 can be controlled using ProPresenter 6 software.

Within ProPresenter, a Communication Cue (MIDI Note) can be added to slides in a presentation. When the slide is activated, the MIDI Note is sent to the Pro512. The only editable options in the ProPresenter MIDI Note, are the "Channel", "Note", and "Intensity".

I don't think this is following the same MIDI Show Control Strings format that is shown in the User Guide for MIDI Show Control. I can't get anything to happen on the Pro512 when I set up the MIDI Notes on slides in Propresenter.

Has anyone had experience with connecting the Pro512 to a Mac running ProPresenter 6 (using a MIDI to USB cable), and getting it to work.

I just want the MIDI Note in ProPresenter to tell the Pro512 to "GO" to the next cue in the playlist. Just like someone was hitting the "GO" button on the Pro512.

Any help is appreciated!!

Re: Cognito2 Pro512 and ProPresenter 6

Postby RobertBell » November 23rd, 2017, 6:12 pm

Cognito can only hear MSC or MTC - not Midi Notes.
Can ProPresenter send an arbitrary Midi text string?
See http://www.pathwayconnect.com/downloads ... ontrol.htm

You would want to send F0 F7 01 02 01 01 F7 (as shown lower down the page in the link above).
Robert Bell
Director of Product Innovation - Pathway Connectivity

Re: Cognito2 Pro512 and ProPresenter

Postby Hoopster456 » December 31st, 2017, 3:10 pm

I was able to send the MIDI Notes to “Bome MIDI Translator”. From that software, it will send the MIDI text string that you wrote in your reply, to the cognito.

I can’t get the command to work. Bome had a built in log, so i know that the signal is going out (to the cognito), but nothing is happening. I’ve made sure that “allow MSC” is selected.

Any suggestions on what I’m doing wrong? Its like the light board isn’t receiving the MSC.

Re: Cognito2 Pro512 and ProPresenter 6

Postby RobertBell » January 3rd, 2018, 9:49 pm

When you send the command, do you see the MIDI LED flash on the cognito?
Try renaming the Playlist so it starts with a number (i.e. "01-Main") then use the specific command for GOing on a specifically numbered cuelist.
Robert Bell
Director of Product Innovation - Pathway Connectivity

Return to Cognito